Our client is a global tier-one broker seeking a Dealers Assistant to join their Melbourne team supporting three leading private client advisers and their HNW clients.
The role will be directly supporting three private client advisers, liaising with their clients, placing trades on the client’s behalf, and providing further operational assistance to the team.
The ideal background will be someone with around 2+ years experience in equity markets operations/client services or preferably coming from another desk assistant role.
- Facilitation of all administrative client queries
- Client onboarding, including preparation of account documentation, and creation of client record insystems
- Arrange and assist with the maintenance of client accounts and records, in line with current AML/CTF,KYC Regulations
- IPO and corporate action allocation management
- Preparation of client valuations, asset allocations, and reporting as required
- Assist in client asset transfers, including cash, both domestically and internationally
- Process and monitor stock settlements, including follow-up with clients regarding outstanding funds
- Establish and maintain relationships with other internal stakeholders and departments
- Proactively notify client/s and advisers of any issues recommending a solution and timeframe
- Adhere to Company policies and procedures, and regulatory and legislative requirements
- Degree Qualified within a Banking related discipline
- RG 146 (ideally – if not will be paid for to study)
- Strong communication skills are a must as the ability and confidence to liaise with on the phone
- Ideally some experience in the Australian and global securities markets in operations or CS capacity
- Ability to understand both US and UK tax forms like W8BEN and CRS – preferable
- Ability to understand Opt In, FDS and Client Consent (ie FOFA) forms – preferable
- Knowledge and understanding of financial markets fundamentals
- Prior booking Operations experience highly regarded