Our client is a leading full-service wealth management firm with a sizeable presence in Australia. They are seeking an experienced management consultant to join them for an initial 12-month contract, with a start date in late January / early February 2024.
The role will assist the COO in executing strategic, risk and regulatory, and operational efficiency related initiatives, by collaborating with key business areas such as product managers, legal, risk, compliance and IT.
The ideal candidates will be coming from a Strategy and Change backgrounds ideally from the big 4 Consultancy or similar Management Consulting firms, and should have very strong stakeholder management skills. Someone more early in their career with circa 5-10 years experience would be a great fit.
- Core responsibility is to project manage and assist with the deployment and rollout of a key strategic initiative which includes but not limited to; defining scope, objectives, project milestones, workstreams, owners, timelines, critical dependencies, and governance structure
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding the firm and its clients; applying a sound ethical judgement regarding all decisions including personal behaviour, conduct and business judgment and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency
- Coordinate project delivery: track milestones, hold stakeholders accountable to the timeline, solve any problems and escalate as required and ensure project is delivered on-time
- Assist in preparing slides or status reports to senior management and project stakeholders
- Act as chair for working groups and communicate project status, risks and timeline to stakeholders
- Manage and reconcile conflicts on resource and expectations between stakeholders
- Between 5-10 years experience, ideally from a consulting firm, or project management/ strategy and change management experience
- Big 4 or management consulting experience is a big4 advantage
- Expertise in Financial Services including but not limited to Retail, Private Banking or Wealth Management is highly advantageous
- Solid functional knowledge, including but not limited to strategy, business development, project management etc
- Strong stakeholder engagement and relationship management skills, with a demonstrated ability to work with varying external and internal stakeholders with a high level of communication
- Strong interpersonal skills and a high level of attention to detail
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills to audiences of varying seniority
- Efficient time management skills and the ability to keep multiple teams on track to deliver
- Exceptional problem -solving skills with the ability to untangle complex issues
- Strong logical reasoning and creative thinking skills
- Quantitative aptitude
- Analytical skills to help identify anomalies, trends and potential risks and issues
- Advanced MS Excel and MS PowerPoint skills required