Salary description: up to $130k
- $100-150k AUD Equivalent
- 3 to 7 years of experience
Our client is a leading Global Asset Manager seeking a Senior Performance candidate to oversee the small performance team.
The Performance team sits within Investment operations. The team’s mission is to provide investment analytics services to internal and external clients. They are a specialised analytical and client services focused team.
The three key services areas are:
• Calculate investment performance and identify sources of performance for internal and external clients
• Conduct analysis of investment portfolios to determine adherence to mandates
• Provide analytical support to unit pricing functions
The Performance Team Leader is an important role. Responsible for supporting the Head of Performance and Compliance with the oversight of the day-to-day workflow of their team, they assist in developing the Senior Analysts and Analysts to enable the achievement of team goals.
Their primary focus is on:
• BAU workflow organisation
• BAU oversight / checking / audit
• BAU delivery
• Escalation point for queries and non standard report requests
• Providing product knowledge support to more junior staff and the wider business
• Subject Matter Expert for transitions and projects
• Staff cross-training and coverage
• Mentoring, coaching, 1-to-1, objective setting and PMA review
• Proactive development of productive relationships within team and with clients.
The Team Leader is responsible for ensuring accuracy and quality in the performance of their team.
Number of staff supervised: maximum 4
• Service delivery
• Calculate investment performance data for clients in accordance with the industry standards, as well as client service level agreement (SLA) requirements. This includes core performance measurement, after-tax performance, risk analysis and attribution analysis.
• Provide compliance / investment monitoring reports on a regular basis, ensuring investment managers adhere to their mandates and all mandate breaches are detected and acted upon.
• Develop and maintain relationships with clients to ensure provision of high level of service;
• Manage team of Performance and Compliance Analysts
• Monitor team and individual performance and provide performance management, mentoring and feedback to appropriate staff in general
• Investigate, document, report and resolve issues and recommend corrective action where appropriate;
• Risk and compliance
• Ensure Cross training and get exposed to all the areas of the team;
• Ensure Compliance of all processes with internal policies and procedures;
• Perform other tasks as requested
• Strong understanding of financial markets and investment management processes, including back office functions.
• Performance measurement experience (5+ years) from either a custody or funds management background
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills, especially macros (VBA)
• Knowledge of the relevant industry standards (AIPS, GIPS )
• Prior team leading experience