Our client, a global provider of funds management services, is looking for a Tax Accountant to join their team on an initial 5-month contract. This role is highly likely to be extended or go permanent for strong performers.
This position is working in the Tax Operations team, which sits within the Tax Services – Fund Administration Team. You will have extensive interaction and dealings with various managers and teams within the Operations Division including Fund Administration colleagues, Investment Administration teams, Custody Operations and other internal teams, namely the Risk Control & Finance function and Relationship Management.
- Accurate and timely delivery of tax reporting deliverables.
- Review distribution calculations, superannuation fund tax calculations and tax returns.
- Review and maintenance of client tax profiles and security static data used to drive reporting and tax calculations.
- Attending to and responding to client queries.
- Adherence to operational compliance and risk policies.
- Assist in the completion of projects, including testing of tax templates.
- Actively participate and contribute to meeting other team deliverables.
The team are looking for candidates who meet the following requirements:
- Tax accountant: 2+ years experience in a similar funds management taxation accounting role
- Tax experience working within financial services, a background in custody or funds management would be of great advantage, if not big 4 Chartered firms also of interest.
- Degree qualified in Business, Accounting or Finance