Salary description: $60-90ph base rate
- $150-200k AUD Equivalent
- Contract or Temporary
- 3 to 7 years of experience
Our client is a leader in global banking and financial services seeking a Tax Compliance Consultant to support the Head of Tax within their Risk Compliance and Control Team. A primary area of focus for this team is effectively managing key risk through appropriate level of permanent controls over the business for Australia and New Zealand.
- Key tax policy research, development and implementation
- Support the Head of Tax in their strategic advisory role and work alongside Risk Managers ensuring compliance with the operational risk framework
- Provide technical tax advice; applying substantial technical and business knowledge of the financial services sector and in-depth knowledge of unit pricing, operations, local custody and master custody.
- Liaise with regional and global tax partners, interacting on company policy and tax issues.
- Externally liaise with the ATO, industry groups, external auditors and accountants.
- Ensuring tax policies reflect regional legislative changes and consider current research and developments.
- Assistance of timely communication of tax policy coinages or developments
- Approximately 5-8 years commercial experience in tax particularly in the financial services sector
- Technical knowledge in Global Custody, Local Custody, Unit Pricing, Fund Accounting, Registry, Tax and Compliance.
- Aware of industry & organisational standards & requirements around Operational Risk Management.
- Maintaining current technical knowledge in tax & its application to financial services & market securities.
- Ability to operate independently & apply judgment & technical knowledge to various situations considering commercial & business needs.
- Ability to self-motivate & operate autonomously at a senior level
- Ability to effectively educate & influence around tax changes