Salary description: Market rate
- $100-150k AUD Equivalent
- 7 to 10 years of experience
Our client is seeking a Performance and Attribution Team Leader to join their team in Melbourne. The ideal candidate will have at least a few years of supervisory experience and 4 + years direct performance
The Performance team sits within Investment operations. The team’s mission is to provide investment analytics services to internal and external clients.
The three key services areas are:
• Calculate investment performance and identify sources of performance for internal and external clients
• Conduct analysis of investment portfolios to determine adherence to mandates
• Provide analytical support to unit pricing functions
They are a specialised analytical and client services focused team.
The Performance Team Leader role is an important role. Responsible for supporting the Head of Performance with the oversight of the day-to-day workflow of their team, they assist in developing the Senior Analysts and Analysts to enable the achievement of team goals.
Their primary focus is on:
• BAU workflow organisation
• BAU oversight / checking / audit
• BAU delivery
• Escalation point for queries and non standard report requests
• Providing product knowledge support to more junior staff and the wider business
• Subject Matter Expert for transitions and projects
• Staff cross-training and coverage
• Mentoring, coaching, 1-to-1, objective setting and PMA review
• Proactive development of productive relationships within team and with clients.
• Service delivery
• Calculate investment performance data in accordance with the industry standards. This includes core performance measurement, after-tax performance, risk analysis and attribution analysis.
• Provide compliance / investment monitoring reports on a regular basis, ensuring investment managers adhere to their mandates and all mandate breaches are detected and acted upon.
• Manage team of Performance and Compliance Analysts
• Monitor team and individual performance and provide performance management, mentoring and feedback to appropriate staff in general
• Investigate, document, report and resolve issues and recommend corrective action where appropriate;
• Risk and compliance
• Ensure Cross training and get exposed to all the areas of the team;
• Ensure Compliance of all processes with internal policies and procedures;
• Perform other tasks as requested
• Strong understanding of financial markets and investment management processes, including back office functions.
• Performance measurement experience (5+ years) from either a custody or funds management background
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills, especially macros (VBA)
• Knowledge of the relevant industry standards (AIPS, GIPS )