Salary description: $200-$250k
- $200k + AUD Equivalent
- 10 to 15 years of experience
Our client is seeking a software engineer with experience in global markets and equities to join their business development team, operating as a technical expert to generate business for the company. You’ll work directly with large, systemically important financial institutions to solve real-world problems. The focus of the role is on technical pre-sales aspects of customer engagement. The company has a fantastic culture that fosters personal development and is on the forefront of their industry. They’re seeking someone highly proficient in languages such as Java, Scala, Python and Haskell and capital markets and sales experience are highly valued.
A successful candidate will:
- Be able to provide assistance on frontend development, backend integrations
- Lead customer / developer leaning session
- Present the company’s products, technical concepts and design to potential and existing clients through customer-facing demonstrations
- Support Business Development Managers on sales/pre-sales meetings and calls to comprehensively answer any technical questions
- Work closely with the Marketing and Product teams on the development of technical materials, prototypes and sales tools, and research and articulate key differences between other technical products on the market
- Experience as a hands-on software engineer on a large-scale project
- Proficient in one or more functional programming languages, ideally in a production setting
- A degree in Computer Science or the equivalent
- Excellent communications skills, comfortable presenting complex concepts in front of large client audiences.
- Developing proof-of-concepts for customer environments
- Good understanding of infrastructure and how to deploy and run server based software packages in restricted client environments as well as public / private cloud environments
- Experience at a start up
- Domain expertise with regard to capital markets and financial market infrastructure
- Experience developing and delivering technical training material
- Experience developing front end/UI code using Typescript and GraphQL
- Development experience with Python, Java, or Scala
Salary will be competitive based on experience.
If you’re interested in the role and want to discuss it further please reach out to our Sydney team on 02 8246 8900 or email email@example.com.Apply for this Job →