Salary description: $85-90k base + super + bonus
- $50-100k AUD Equivalent
- No Experience years of experience
An exceptional, trading support position has become available in direct support of an ETF trading desk.
This position would suit a trade support or middle office or dealer who has previous experience with a global investment bank, fund manager or trading firm who is seeking to support a high-performing team of traders. Advanced Excel and VBA experience is required and ideally Python.
The ideal applicant would have previous experience for a few years within a trade support, dealing support or middle office role with advanced Excel/ VBA and Python skills
A good understanding of accounting P&L principles is important, in addition to a good understanding of financial markets and complex trading products. Our client is keen for applicants who have a solid trade support experience with direct trade booking and P&L support for the traders, and strong product knowledge for this role will be important. The trading teams will often be direct in their communication, so it’s important that the Trader Assistant is familiar with the trading floor environment.
This position will support one of the Aussie market trading desks based in Sydney, with support for ETF trading team
• Work with traders, operations and external Prime Brokers to ensure trading system parity
• Co-ordinate and facilitate resolution of trade discrepancies (liaison with desk, IT)
• Complete ETF trade bookings
• Work with program desk on setting up / facilitating domestic and international trading details, including liaison with offshore offices
• Become involved in projects / strategic work as required
• Remain flexible in regard to products dealt with
• Liaise with local and global IT teams to ensure that trades flow through systems correctly
• Collate monthly management reporting data
We are looking for high calibre people who possess the following competencies:
• Around 3+ years experience in a middle office / trade support capacity at a global investment bank in Australia
• Must Have advanced Excel Skills up to VBA and ideally Python
• Ideally some prior DTR education or qualification
• Ability to work with colleagues in offshore locations, maintain communication and build rapport with these colleagues
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This is an exceptional opportunity to work in support of an ETF trading team, in a high-quality firm. Please kindly email over an application, as our client is seeking to move forward quickly with this position.Apply for this Job →