Salary description: $65 - 70k + Super
- $50-100k AUD Equivalent
- 3 to 7 years of experience
Our client is a leading global fund services firm seeking an experienced registry operations candidate to join their team in a team leading capacity.
Unit Registry is a specialist team that provides their large client base with daily prices as well as cash forecasting, issuing daily, monthly and annual statements to our client’s investors.
- To perform verification on transactions in accordance with the service standards, in a timely and accurate manner
- To understand the core offering and ways to increase efficiencies in the day to day process
- To perform staff training & development through effective performance reviews.
- Provide staff management support to the Administrators and assisting them to effectively deal with issues.
- The team is also responsible for processing daily transactions received from investors as well as distributions, completing Anti-Money Laundering & Know Your Client checks on investors to ensure full adherence to all applicable laws and regulations.
- 4+ years’ commercial experience in financial services industry, with a strong track record of performance in Unit Registry/ Unit Trust / Managed Fund administration
- Strong work ethic and be able to demonstrate an uncompromising attitude to consistent quality of their work.
- Undergraduate accounting, finance, economics degree and/or formal qualifications in a relevant business stream
- A basic knowledge of the department’s operational flows – e.g. transaction and Customer procedures.
- A basic knowledge of fund accounting operational concepts.
- A basic knowledge of AML/KYC requirements.
- A strong aptitude for information technology including Excel and Word.
- The candidate will require effective communication skills and have the ability to operate autonomously and take responsibility for tasks allocated to them.
- Degree qualified in Business, Accounting or related discipline; or relevant work experience in a similar role. May be undertaking Securities Institute of Australia studies.
- Possesses technical skills in:
- Unit Registry or member services- exposure to both wholesale and retail trust products
- Distribution processing
- Uploading of prices
- Cash Reconciliations
- Cash payments and sweeps