Salary description: Circa $145k SGD
- $150-200k AUD Equivalent
- 3 to 7 years of experience
Our client, a leading global European investment bank with a growing middle office/trade support function in Singapore, is seeking a Manager / Team Leader to join their middle office team. The Equity Middle Office team supports all client-related equity trading activity from the point of trading through to settlement. The objective of the team is to maintain a high level of value added service and to partner with the Business Unit to address key internal and client issues.
The team encompasses Trade Support, Client Services and as the manager of this team, the role will be expected to manage the high level of supporting and risk across all functional lines.
There are regulatory reporting requirements which are completed within this team, this impacts the starting/end times within the team and requires sign off.
- Set direction for the team, create a culture of control and set expectations for the team members
- Management of the Securities Operations project agenda including schedule planning, testing, sign off and overall program management
- Vendor Management
- Management of the processing of all reconciliations that take place in the team, including Trading, Position and Omni accounts;
- Regulatory Reporting verification and submission
- Developing strong relationships with key Business Units
- Execution of controls around all functions managed within the team, and coordinating regular review of these controls to ensure relevance;
- Ensuring team members adhere to relevant procedures and carry out processes within required timeframes;
- Escalation of risk or exposure issues that arise;
- Lead and manage/facilitate senior steering and other operating committee meetings.
- Regular 1-1’s to be held (weekly or bi-weekly)
- Career Discussions
- Resource planning and recruitment
- Goal setting & Career path mapping
- Mid-year review process & year end evaluations
- 6+ years’ experience in an operations role
- 2-3 years’ experience in a management role preferably with a global investment bank
- 2-3 years’ experience in a trade support or client services role