Contract or Temporary
Our client is a global tier-one Wealth Management firm seeking an experienced client onboarding / KYC Associate to join their Melbourne team.
The ideal candidate will have wealth management / retail broking client onboarding/ KYC / AML experience and ideally some understanding of UK FSA regulations.
- Review and approve client account documentation; understand and enforce current AML KYC requirements, ensuring proper due diligence to KYC rules for new client onboarding or updates to existing client static data.
- Process new account documentation and ensure that the account opening process satisfies the client’s needs with exceptional service.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) on AML/KYC standards and policies and key contact for related queries and initiatives.
- Answer queries on all aspects of account onboarding, and provide guidance to advisers and support staff on complex matters.
- Facilitate screening requirements and assess customers, to identify possible Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing, Tax Evasion and other risks.
- At least 3 years of experience in the Australian and global securities markets, ideally with an operations/ client onboarding/ KYC and/or client service background
- Understanding of global AML/KYC standards, in particular Australian and UK- FSA requirements
- Prior retail broking client service, account opening/client onboarding experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Acute awareness of risk, with a clear focus on control and timely escalation
- A proactive nature, challenging and questioning process, seeking innovative solutions to improve efficiency and mitigate risk
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Effective organisational skills; ability to work under pressure