Contract or Temporary
Our client is seeking a senior fund accountant to assist over the next 6 months.
Initially our client is seeking to employ someone to help with this six month period, although strong candidates within the team will be considered for permanent positions within the group.
Our client will hold a preference for applicants with citizenship or residency, although would still be keen to see applicants who hold a Working Holiday Visa and have appropriate fund reporting experience.
Contract rate will be variable depending on experience, but likely around $40-45ph + super
- The Fund accounting group is a customer-focused team; they support the business and client activities of the Operations Division.
- The team performs a crucial role working alongside various teams in the Operations Division.
- They prepare accurate Statutory Financial Statements for reporting periods having taken feeds from registry, auditor inputs and clients.
- In addition, they perform an internal audit function ensuring records held in the GL are accurate, liaising on reconciliation issues or discrepancies with the Fund Administration and Reconciliations teams.
- They perform some reconciliations and cash flow statements within the team including the completion of investment reconciliations for audit and client purposes..
- The Fund Accountant plays a key role in the Financial Reporting team. The Fund Accountant provides technical accounting in the preparation of statutory financial statements and other reports.
- In addition to team management, key responsibilities include the generation of accurate monthly Fund & MIS reporting for clients meeting their SLA terms, understanding and implementation of operational risk and legislative requirements of Fund Accounting.
- The Fund Accountant has in-depth knowledge of the preparation of statutory financial statements, also fund accounting, unit pricing, investment administration & reconciliations. They understand the importance of accuracy in reporting. Time management and the ability to operate effectively within critical time constraints in the area are important
- Approximately 4-8 years commercial experience in financial services, technical accounting experience in statutory reporting and financial statement preparation, fund accounting or custody operations.
- The Fund Accountant has had dealings with auditors (internal and external), client facing contact and demonstrates effective communication skills (both written & verbal).
- Experience using central accounting systems eg. General Ledger and related reporting tools, they have experience producing:
- Reconciliations including investment reconciliations
- Statutory financial statements
- Cash flow statements
- Comprehensive knowledge of Custody and Fund Administration, Statutory Reporting and reconciliations, related operational risk and compliance requirements.
- Approximately 4+ years reporting experience in financial services accounting.
- Any tax experience would also be held in high regard.
- Degree qualified in Business, Accounting or related discipline.
- Post graduate qualification in CA, CPA or equivalent
- Key Systems experience: Hi-Portfolio, MS Word & Excel, Databases including Lotus Notes & Access