Salary description: Up to $150k AUD p/a
- $100-150k AUD Equivalent
- 7 to 10 years of experience
Our client is a leading global investment bank with a sizable operation in Singapore. They are seeking an experienced product control team manager with debt products focus to join their team.
The role is based in Singapore and reports to the Head of Product Control. The candidate will be responsible for managing team of 4 in Singapore as well as extended team of 6 offshore staff that support the business, in addition to initiating and coordinating projects that impact the team.
- Review reconciliation of daily and monthly P&L, position reporting
- Take ownership, and be accountable for the timely and accurate calculation, verification, reporting of daily P&L.
- Interaction with Trading, MO, Treasury and other functions to resolve booking, valuation, and financial resource query.
- Provide daily/ weekly./ monthly/ quarterly P&L commentaries
- Undertake critical reviews of trading activity with the objective o highlighting significant items to senior management
- Undertake various month end procedure, inclusive of Balance Sheet substantiation.
- Work on new initiatives and other projects.
- Educated to degree level – preferably with a Finance / Business background
- Qualified accountant with at least 8 yrs post qualifying experience
- Over 5 years of product control / finance experience with a strong debt product focus.
- Strong working knowledge of debt products, e.g. Credit Derivatives, Bonds, Repo, Rates
- Prior team leading / management experience
- Strong understanding of IFRS Accounting Standards
- Ability to demonstrate a strong understanding of the global regulatory challenges currently facing the financial markets
- Ability to demonstrate a strong control mindset
- Proficient in MS Office Tools such as Excel and Access preferably