Our client is a global investment bank seeking a FICC OTC Market Risk Manager to work as part of the FIC OTC Trading Team in Sydney. This role is an exceptional senior level opportunity that is primarily intended to manage and lead a team of 3 senior risk analysts to develop advanced risk management tools that will benefit the firm and their clients.
In the role as FICC OTC Market Risk Manager, you will be responsible for providing management and analytical direction to the team to develop and manage data, models and processes to estimate and report on clearing risk exposures.
- Risk quantification methodologies, including margining models/rates and stress testing
- Methodologies for instrument valuation and pricing, including yield curve modelling approaches for OTC Interest Rate Derivatives
- Design, development and validation of key models
- Back testing and reverse stress testing design and implementation
- Development of portfolio risk analysis including correlation, liquidity and concentration risk analysis
- Developing robust standards, processes and controls
- Customer engagement and market consensus discussions on new initiatives
- Understand risk modelling practices using globally leading best practise solutions
- Work with internal stakeholders to assist in the assessment and design of new clearing products and services
- Extensive experience at a bank, broker or exchange in quantitative markets/risk technology area
- Substantial experience in management of a quantitative/market risk team across multi asset classes
- Management experience leading project driven work streams
- OTC IR derivative risk management systems and procedures.
- Strong knowledge of risk management concepts and techniques
- Experience with model development, testing and implementation necessary
- Strong Post Graduate Education
- Strong understanding of a wide range of derivative products from a front office trading perspective
- Knowledge of derivative risk management
- Experience in programming language ‘R’ would be ideal although experience in other programming languages such as SQL will also be of interest
This FICC OTC Market Risk Manager position is a well-paying role in line with the senior level of risk analysis experience our client is seeking. The salary on offer is between $250-275k +super + bonus depending on experience