Salary description: $90 - 105k + Super
- 3 to 7 years of experience
Our client is a leading bank seeking a FICC Product Controller – at an Associate level.
The ideal candidate will have several years of product control/accounting experience. Preferably you will have FICC markets product knowledge [e.g. FI/IRD/Rates/FX]. Strong candidates from a treasury trade support background may be considered.
Applicants with a Working Holiday Visa or 457 Visa may be considered for this assignment.
An Associate in the Product Control Team is expected to be a product specialist and will be dealing with Bonds, Derivatives (Swaps, Options, and Futures) on daily basis addressing PnL/ Risk issues. The Associate will work closely with the front, middle and back office, hence partnership and communication is key.
The Australian Treasury Product Control team supports the Rates , Fixed Income and FX business in the Investment Bank trading business. Its core function is to ensure the integrity of the bank’s financial records as represented in its general ledger, with reference to daily P&L reporting managed by the P&L team. This team is also responsible for producing a fully substantiated T+1 PnL and Risk, and focus on the control environment for the Australian global markets/treasury trading business including daily risk reporting.
- Proven experience in similar roles
- Degree/MSc (desirable) in Accounting/Economics/Business
- Strong product knowledge
- Good understanding of Market Risk
- Strong excel skills, VBA level
- Good knowledge of Access (desirable)
- Ability to build a solid partnership
- Fluent verbal & written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills required