Location: Hong Kong
Salary description: $75,000HKD per month
- $100-150k AUD Equivalent
- Contract or Temporary
- 3 to 7 years of experience
A global investment bank is seeking an IT sourcing manager for a 1 year contract based in Hong Kong primarily responsible for Sourcing and Vendor Management for Hardware and Software across the APAC region.
Candidates should have a strong background in Software and Hardware sourcing.
- Building relationships with internal clients in order to assess business requirements with the intent to find solutions to meet their needs and saving opportunities.
- Development of a 1 and 3 year category plan to lower costs, improve performance and reduce risk within the assigned categories.
- Competitive bid processes including RFP’s, RFI’s, RFQ’s and RFX.
- Providing support for Sourcing activities such as renewals, benchmarking, vendor due diligence and risk, and maintaining vendor/clients relationships.
- Business and legal negotiations ensuring, local country regulatory and tax requirements are captured in any Agreement, Task Order etc.
- Prepare supporting documentation for deals and contracts and ensuring that they’re readily available.
- Act as the liaison between the business line and legal group.
- Liaising with Global Category leads and other Regional teams (i.e. Europe and Americas) on best practice, knowledge sharing and execution of global deals.
- Represent APAC for assigned categories in any global initiatives that may impact the region and ensure that any APAC requirements/considerations are incorporated into the global initiatives.
- Knowledge of competitive opportunities within the all assigned categories and identify operational and cost savings.
- Process management and engineering for continuous improvement for assigned categories.
- Accuracy and maintenance of individual project records captured in the IT Sourcing Project system (FAST).
- 5-7 years + of IT related Sourcing experience with Financial Services background preferred.
- Education: A degree in Business Studies or similar and / or Professional Sourcing qualifications
- Communication skills: Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills in English, with Cantonese and Mandarin an advantage
- Negotiation skills: Strong negotiate with vendors both financial and legal terms relating to a contract
- General understanding of regulatory and tax requirements within the APAC region
- Financial analysis; ability to analyze cost/financial information including use of excel pivot tables
- IT skills; knowledge of IT to be able to talk to IT professionals and vendors regarding products and services
- Ability to liaise with Compliance, Legal, Finance and Tax on structuring of deals particularly in Asia
- Clients: Proven track record of exceptional client service
- PC Skills: Excel, Powerpoint and Word. Ariba e-Sourcing an advantage.
- Able to handle pressure and multi-tasking, proactive with great negotiation skills and attention to detail