Salary description: $500 per day AUD + super
- Contract or Temporary
- 7 to 10 years of experience
This position is a futures & options operations, client services and clearing role that sits within the small ETD operations group of one of our global investment banking clients. Our client is seeking a permanent employee to work in a standalone operations support role to manage the operational flow of exchange traded derivative trading and execution.
The ideal applicant will have several years of F&O/ETD operations, clearing or client services experience. Within F&O positions we find solid system knowledge is typically quite important and therefore exposure to GMI and/or Clearvision is quite desirable.
Our client will recruit this role from Associate up to AVP level – and we expect that ideally they would prefer to hire more at the AVP level. As such, they are open to a broad range of applicants. We expect this role to pay from $450-500 per day +super, although this will depend on the level of seniority of the successful candidate.
The Listed Derivatives function is our client’s global futures and options business within the Global Markets Division and offers exchange traded derivatives execution and clearing-related services. The Listed Derivatives Operations team in Sydney comprises several people and incorporates Clearing, Cash/Margin, Reconciliations, Brokerage, Client Service and Change.
This individual will be responsible for performing various Futures & Options functions and will need to interact with other Listed Derivative Operations teams across Asia Pacific and A/NZ Operations.
Examples of tasks to be performed are:
- Client Margin calls
- Nostro Funding and Reconciliations
- Manual Payment generation and approval
- FX Exposure management
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly – Reporting, MIS and Reconciliations
- Email queries/response
- Monitoring performance metrics of the remote team
- Escalation of issues in a timely manner to senior management
- Testing new versions of production equipment when required
- Minimum 6-10 years Futures and Options operations specific GMI and Clearvision system experience.