Global funds business seeking a 12 month contractor to join their performance team. The focus for this position is finding an applicant with a strong understanding of performance. The performance reporting is much more complex, and requires an applicant with a good understanding of benchmark measurement and monitoring.
Any experience especially in fixed income performance analysis would be held in high regard, as this is typically more complex that equity performance analysis.
The ideal applicant will have several years of fund performance experience. Naturally experience in compliance mandate monitoring would also be ideal, although performance experience will be held in preference.
Strong Excel skills are usually expected for performance positions, and generally a high level of numeracy.
- Maintaining high standards of attention to detail by checking and verifying reports prepared by Performance Analysts prior to delivery to the client.
- Be pro-active in ensuring performance reports remain relevant to the client’s information needs.
- Use your investment and performance knowledge to provide direction, guidance and training to the Performance Analysts.
- Take a lead role in communication with clients, fund managers, asset consultants and other stakeholders so that client service is always of a high standard and
- Contribute to the maintenance of high standards of communication and professionalism across the Performance team.
- You will be a motivated and proven professional with a degree in commerce, business or finance
- You will have 4-5 years of experience in the wealth management industry, with at least 2-3 years Performance Analytics experience
- You will have a solid understanding of fixed interest products and fixed interest attribution.
- You will also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Specific experience in calculating multi-currency security level fixed interest attribution and leading practice methodologies and techniques used in such analysis.
- Experience in management of key investment management operations, functions and processes.
- Good knowledge of the Australian & International funds management industry, including industry issues, trends, investment products and processes.
- Good knowledge of securities both domestically and internationally.
- Ability to work across functional business teams to influence change strategies and drive implementation of business improvements