Global trading firm requires a Trader Assistant to support one of their Equity Derivative Trading teams. Prior EQD middle office, PnL experience required.
Our client is a global proprietary trading business that focus on the trading primarily of futures, options and equity derivatives. Globally they have a few offices and their main operation for Asia-Pacific is based in Singapore. Their Singapore business has about 40 staff, with several trading teams across different products.
This position of Trading Assistant will sit in support of one of the trading desks, although will report to the Operations & Finance Manager. Our client is a employer of choice and are known for a great work life balance, and a great relaxed work environment. This position would suit a trade support, product control or middle office professional who has previous experience with a global investment bank and is seeking a more balanced work environment.
The ideal applicant would have previous experience for a few years within equity derivatives, futures or options in a direct trade support, P&L support or desk support capacity. A good understanding of accounting P&L principles is important, in addition to a good understanding of financial markets and complex trading products.
Our client is keen for applicants who have a solid trade support experience with direct trade booking and P&L support for the traders, and strong product knowledge for this role will be important. The trading teams will often be direct in their communication, so it’s important that the Trading Assistant is familiar with the trading floor environment.
This position will support one of the Asian-market trading desks based in Singapore, so the hours will at times be variable to support trading hours. In addition, the Trading Assistant will often be required to support the trading desk on public holidays, if the markets you are supporting are still open.
- Day to day administration and support to traders-maintain a smooth working environment for the trader
- Liaise with trading desk and brokers
- Prepare pricing sheets
- Under direct supervision of a trader will be responsible for changing market prices and executing trades
- Trade capture and reporting
- Upload OTC trades to prime brokers
- Reconciliation of positions market value between prime brokers and desk
- Generate daily Profit and Loss reports
- Strong computer skills
- Thorough mastery of Excel and Access
- Financial markets experience
- Knowledge of financial products
- Knowledge / experience in Asian markets preferred