This is a fantastic opportunity to join the metal trading desk, of a global physical commodity trading business. Our client is a global firm, that is a leader in the physical movement of commodity.
Broadly speaking the successful Metals Trade Support applicant would be coordinating a range of tasks in support of the Australian metal traders, who are based in the Sydney office. The metals desk coordinates the physical sales and delivery of metal products – primarily copper and zinc.
Our client is ideally seeking an applicant with only a few years (1-3) of post-university experience and ideally some exposure to logistics or commodities.
Salary is variable depending on experience, but likely to be from $55-70k+super. As a note, salary typically moves up quite quickly once you gain a good foundation in the movement of the commodity
- Drafting/ issuing/ reviewing of purchase and sales contracts including all related legal documents, such as Holding Certificates, storage agreements, prefinance agreements, guarantees;
- Verification of all documents with Compliance and Company internal guidelines;
- Identification of issues and contractual risk and respective advice to Traders;
- Documentary monitoring of the contract from the beginning to the end, including co–managing of contract changes and corrections;
- Close interaction with the respective Trader and traffic persons, as well as cooperation with other teams such as Chartering, Insurance, Finance, Legal and Compliance;
- Administration of Purchase and Sales contracts: Purchase/ Sales Order Entry into CTTS, Customer data handling processing and maintenance, including updating and amending the current data in the internal data system. Filing of documents and archiving;
- Depending on the respective task area, the Contract Writer/ Administrator may have direct contact to customers and/ or colleagues in field offices
- Vessel chartering or container shipments in co-operation with the chartering department; organizing rail, truck and air transport or releasing of material in warehouse
Bank contacts – Letters of Credit (L/Cs)
- Opening of and checking of L/Cs for our suppliers and receivers; requesting amendments and negotiating documents for collection of payment
- Calculation of metal quantity and foreign currency amounts to be priced Contact to clients / field offices
- Correspondence on availability of materials in production, transit and in stock; documentation, invoicing, outgoing and incoming payments, client exposure control and claim handling
- Insuring risks of each transport as well as material in storage
As noted above, our client is seeking a reasonably junior applicant for this position with only a few years experience post-university. Our client will consider graduates, with some exposure to commodities or logistics while completing their degree.