Salary description: $130k - $140k base
- $150-200k AUD Equivalent
- 3 to 7 years of experience
Our client is one of the largest banks in the world with a sizeable presence in Australia.
The Head of Business Performance Management is a senior level appointment within their client’s Finance department reporting directly into the CFO of Australia.
The role will be responsible for delivering transparency and accuracy of revenue and cost allocations for all Australian and New Zealand entities. The successful candidates will contribute to the review, maintenance and optimisation of reporting production in order to secure a regional alignment.
The ideal candidate will be CA/CPA qualified, coming from a similar senior level business performance management role from another large global bank with strong technical knowledge and understanding of concepts such as capital requirements, risk/return analysis, credit risk, country risk, liquidity risk, transfer pricing.
- Monitor and analyse performance to aid stakeholders in making informed business decisions
- Prepare monthly management reports and commentary for the CFO, all cost centre managers, Territory management, local management
- Maintenance of the Bank’s general ledger, including account opening, closing and modification
- Ensure internal control and reconciliations of key accounts are performed effectively and on a timely basis
- Responsible for reporting, including the provision of timely support to the Regional financial reporting team / Head Office reporting team
- Responsible for the reliability and integrity of the accounting data
- Work closely to provide accounting support to Operations, the Billing team and other Business Lines on an ongoing basis
- To be able to explain changes clearly and keep management informed of variances.
- Coordination of client profitability reporting
- Organize and coordinate the forecast and budget exercise for the bank in liaison with Regional Finance.
- Responsible for the preparation of FBT
- Monthly analytical review of financial data
- Presentation of financial results to local management
- Ensure the team remains effectively organised, cross-trained and constantly look for the most appropriate setup
- Strong technical knowledge, including IFRS
- Good understanding of financial products, controls and risk assessment implications
- Good understanding of business line profitability calculations – client profitability, trading P&L
- Budgeting experience
- Investment banking finance experience (good practice of concepts such as capital requirements, risk/return analysis, credit risk, country risk, liquidity risk, transfer pricing)
- Experience of custodian business ideal
- Tertiary education with good results (distinction or higher).
- Qualified Chartered Accountant or Certified Practising Accountant.
Feel free to call us directly in Sydney on +61 2 8246 8900 to discuss this position in confidence.Apply for this Job →