A well-respected and rapidly expanding fund manager is looking for an enthusiastic candidate to join their performance analysis team on a 12-month contract initially.
They specialise in providing investment solutions for institutional investors in all major asset classes, including cash, domestic and international fixed interest, currency, Australian and international equities, listed property and private equity.
This role is responsible for multi asset investment performance analysis, commentary and conclusion support to the front office investment management process. The primary purpose of this role is to:
- Co-ordinate delivery of performance analysis and attribution at security and portfolio levels. Analysis will include attribution, market / competitor and quant projects.
- Co-ordinate delivery of internal and external reporting and respond to queries relating to investment performance
- Deliver multi currency, security and portfolio level attribution analysis and reporting – including detailed analysis identifying incremental return differences between the portfolio and a benchmark, detailed information on asset mix, portfolio characteristics, risk, impact of turnover, market value and market capitalisation
- Timely and accurate reporting, analysis, conclusions and commentary on investments
- Liaise and interact with Portfolio Managers, Client Managers, Client Services and external parties such as performance consultants and research houses to provide high quality solutions to clients
- Contribute to the development of efficiencies and improvements to the Performance Analytics and Investment Control functions, processes and procedures.
- Work closely with team members across the Performance Analytics and Investment Control functions to ensure optimum output.
- Provide support in establishing and fostering a culture of team spirit, co-operation and continuous self development. Assist in the development and ongoing training of team members in fixed interest performance analytics
You will have over 4 years of experience in the funds management Performance Analytics experience. You will have a solid understanding of equity and fixed interest products and attribution analysis. CFA or equivalent further education will be held highly. You will also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Specific experience in calculating multi-currency security level fixed interest attribution and leading practice methodologies and techniques used in such analysis.
- Experience in management of key investment management operations, functions and processes.
- Good knowledge of the Australian & International funds management industry, including industry issues, trends, investment products and processes.
- Good knowledge of securities both domestically and internationally.
- Ability to work across functional business teams to influence change strategies and drive implementation of business improvements.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to continue their career with one of the most reputable Investment Managers in the market. You will be driven, passionate, and motivated for success. In return, you will be given the opportunity to build your career and be continually challenged. You will also enjoy outstanding benefits and a flexible working environment.